Saturday, May 18, 2019

Finding my voice

I am in the process of calling it a wrap on my PhD. If you have done a PhD in the humanities field and particularly in the performing arts and if you are a practitioner and if your research comes from that space of being a research practitioner and it is important for you to keep practicing in order to exist as a researcher you will stay a little longer in that phase - wrapping up the PhD. It is a tough phase. You are writing your dissertation and to me it seems like birthing a child. You gather all that you have worked on for the past five to six years, give it shape, form and meaning in a way that is comprehensible to the world and push it out of your system. It is an intense process filled with conviction and empowerment on one hand but plagued with self doubt on the other. So much to unpack and say there. But I promise to unpack that once I am done filing that dissertation, will be more meaningful then.
For now, I am resurrecting this blog that I had created a while back and which has been quite dormant. I would be posting any bit of writing that I would be doing outside my PhD dissertation and is in line with my practice of being a teacher, dancer, collaborator, choreographer, writer/scholar and community participant.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home